Roni Wing Lambrecht will be my guest on Writers Talk at 3:00 on November 4th. Tune in then to listen to Roni discuss her work and what led her to writing it.
Parenting At Your Best: Powerful Reflections and Straightforward Tips for Becoming a Mindful Parent
About the Work: Most of us believe we have parenthood planned perfectly; when we’ll become parents, how we’ll parent, even anticipating how our children will respond to our parenting. Yet, reality proves to us on a daily basis that nothing in parenting goes as planned. With all of life’s ups and downs, outside influences, and daily stressors, how do you effectively navigate parenting? In Parenting at Your Best, you’ll learn how to:
- Be a role model for what you desire in your child’s life
- Be involved in your child’s life, but not excessively involved
- Create lasting memories with your child by being present
Parenting at Your Best comes from the reflections of parents who lost their only child, parents who truly know the value of each moment. Their desire is to share the lessons they’ve learned so you may apply them to living in the moment with your own children.
About the Author: Roni Wing Lambrecht was just a typical wife and mom from Castle Rock, CO, working long hours to make ends meet, when her entire world changed in a split second. Her beautiful son, Dalton, left for Heaven just after Christmas in 2013 due to injuries from an ATV vs Sandrail accident. Her son, Dalton, lived his short life creating smiles, laughter, and happiness by sharing his kind spirit and helping others through tough times. Roni and her husband, John, now continue his legacy by practicing random acts of kindness in Dalton’s memory each day. They also help other parents live in-the-moment with their own children by sharing their truths about regret and finding beauty in the everyday chaos of family life. Roni’s books, Parenting At Your Best, A Parent’s Guide for Journaling to Their Child, and A Parent’s Journal for Their Child, are a tribute to Dalton, with anticipation that the stories and advice they offer will inspire others to excellence in their parenting.
- The book is a must-read for all parents as the suggestions and advice help them in becoming better at parenting.
- This book is so well written, insightful and thought provoking. The perspective and reflections in this book give suggestions on how to be a better parent, grandparent, family member, friend and co-worker. Although my “babies” are grown and on their own, I found the reflections, lessons and tips shared pertain to life, and parenting for any age child. I love the journal as well as the suggestions provided and look forward to recording life’s moments! It’s time to breathe, put down electronics, be present, enjoy the moments and journal life.
- There’s a lot of parenting self-help books out there. I feel as though many of them are a little lofty. Setting expectations too high, or presenting goals that reflect ideals from television. Parenting at Your Best, however, feels very humbled, very down-to-earth. The parenting tips in there are simple, yet sensible. Parenting at Your Best does offer sound advice. I liked their approach.
- This is a wonderful book for all parents, grandparents and family, and is a great gift for all the above. I love that the author talks about everything from babyhood on up, to making all the moments count along the way. I smiled, I cried, and was moved to pay more attention to the small moments with my kids.
- I just finished reading Parenting at Your Best and I absolutely loved it! The author provides simple yet practical tips on how to develop and maintain a positive and loving relationship with your child, even before their birth. Her own personal story makes this book even more compelling and heartfelt. This book is an excellent guide to fostering healthy relationships with all of your friends and family as well as your children. A lovely and well written book, and a must have for every parent!
Listen to the Podcast here:
To save for later, Right-click and hit Save-As here: Roni Wing Lambrecht’s Interview with Jerry Fabyanic MP3
Read more about Roni and her works at: https://www.parentingatyourbestwithoutregrets.com/